Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Day of LoVVEEEE.

Happy Valentine's Day!!


To start this entry, I need to start will one small explanation....Spain is not the USA...just in case you were confused...this is extremely evident on holidays.  Particularly today.  Most people in Spain believe this day to "a holiday for el Corte Ingles" (this huge department store/grocery store you can find all over the country).  Soooo you can imagine my shock when we were reviewing and giving tests today!! Can you even imagine in the US if this occurred? Valentine's Day was always a free pass day full of candy, valentines, xoxo & lots of love among friends... We tried our best to bring the spirit to Spain and we definitely made it cute!  Paco made a big mailbox that I will post a picture of whenever I put my pictures on the computer.  The children that wanted could make Valentine's at home and slip the letters into the box throughout the week.  During recess I delivered all the valentine's to their classes. I racked up on my stack, and you know me... I teared up for sure...they were so sweet....the gist being, Audrey you are my favorite teacher, you are pretty, we are forever friends, "I HOPE YOU DON'T LEAVE US!" (the hardest words to hear knowing I am leaving them in 4 months...) I had a wonderful day full of hugs & smiles, but it was super sad because it's not such a big deal and they don't set up the day like we do at home....plenty of children went home without their own personal valentine...I wrote poems and put them on cards for each class, but I couldn't make homemade ones for each student.... I talked to a lot of the professors and some are now calling it Valentine's week and going to make them in class this week and make sure everyone gets one :)


Miss you all and hope you had an incredible Valentine's Day!! Sorry I've been a litttttlleee behind on my blogging.  I'm gonna write a quickkkkk recap of mine and John's trip before bed!


ALL MY LOVE!


my loot... 
Y'all already know I'm corny, to solidify this I will admit that one of my poem's included the line, "Each of you are just so cute, and my time with you is worth more than a pirate's loot!"






My poems: Only one missing is first grade which said.... 
Well actually I don't remember how it started, but it ended with...."Thanks for all the hugging, smiling and kissing, when I am not with y'all part of my heart is missing."






No comments:

Post a Comment