Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Viaje de los hermanos.

"Sibling Trip"

I flew into Munich a day earlier than John and stayed with my friend Dominique who graduated with me as a foreign exchange student! He took me to the castle Walt Disney modeled the Disney castle after and took me for a reallllyyyy good restaurant to try legit German food and beer. Then we went to a little christmas village while we waited on John to arrive...It was a wonderful day! And then of course, seeing John for the first time in months...you can imagine how excited I was...

Yes, he is wearing a Cam Newton jersey...Yes, he's from Munich...He was corrupted by our valedictorian ages ago.

Sipping cider at the christmas village :)


The next day, John and I went to a concentration camp which was super enlightening, cool to be standing in pictures I have seen in history books, but also you can imagine the emotional toll it takes...

We toured the city and then hopped on the bus for Interlaken, Switzerland. The town looked like such a ghost town when we arrived...It felt super weird....I kind of forgot about that moment until just now and I just laughed out loud... Hmm...the next day we made some friends from Australia while we were "canyon jumping" and went to get swiss cheese fondu that night with them...of course at first we stopped to have a drink at a Hooter's in Switzerland...who knew?
Our little town







The Girls (Lucy & me)
The top of that is what we jumped from :)

The Boys (John & Sam)




That night the snow started and they were able to open the ski lifts for the first time of the year.  SOOOO basically visibility didn't exist but it was still a cool experience. The next day we got up and took the train to Zurich and then we were off to Espana :)



ZURICH, Switzerland :)


We didn't have very much time in Sevilla, but the time we did have we enjoyed and my students were OBSESSED with John...they still ask me every single day when he is coming back!

In Plaza de Espana

The following photos are similar to Where's Waldo...only look for John Dee.







Farewell/Christmas dinner with my roomies!

Spending a couple of hours in Majadahonda with my babies :)


No comments:

Post a Comment