Saturday, July 30, 2011

Londres & more.

Okay Okay, I knowwww, I haven't been good this week (Sorry Samantha!!!) But I'm going to try to make up for it right now :)

First of all my itinerary in case I forget...
July 28-August 5 London
August 7-14 Galicia -Northern Spain, look it up-
August 15-21 Madrid w kids & Chelo...Vero, Marcelo & the new housekeeper will be in Poland
August 21 Poland with the kids & Marcelo's parents...then there until Daddy & Steph decide to come on over.

Recap of Spain...pool every day with the kiddos: swimming, singing, playing...the usual.
In addition to me losing things & continuing my life as a mess....one day I emailed Sam almost at the point of tears and my beautiful, wise older sister said it best...."If your life wasn't a mess, you wouldn't be Audrey." This is true sooo I will cut myself a littleeeee slack for once haha.  I also went out with my friend Chase (my age, we went to Bama together) the last night in Madrid, so it was nice to see a little piece of home.  Ohh speaking of home, I have come to realize that "home" is not a place, or even people...it is a feeling you get.  I always feel at home with the Catalas & the first week, I was staying at Chelo & Vicente's house without them.  The first night they came home, this feeling of relief, safety, and love came over me and I realized this is why I am capable of having many, many homes. It is directly correlated with love.  I also felt this when I went to an English speaking BAPTIST Church in Madrid....yes, we exist outside of the bible belt of Alabama :) haha.  But it was wonderful and the preacher was from Texas & definitely said "yall" during the service...I loved it!!!!!  Then another wonderful woman from Texas (again, yes I also adore that state--Shout out to Aunt Caroline & family, love and miss you all!) took me to lunch after with her son & sister.  So, so kind.  She did my job this past year in Madrid and gave me tons of pointers!!

Me & Chase on the Metro

Now...London.  We arrived Thursday & have had wonderful weather! Yesterday we played at a nearby park when Marcelo got home from Summer Camp and today we had Blanca's birthday party at Greenwich Park...it was really fun & great people...I brought a little Alabama football to the day with a nice tackle that Marcelo has been making fun of me for ever since....It was definitely not during football (since playing our football is unheard of!), I dove tackled to score a point...yes, Daddy, turns out things haven't changed...I'm still just as competitive....

A few of my favorite pictures:
The few from our porch...our slogan for vacations is "Aren't we lucky?" I think this picture shows why...we are right on the water. Beautiful.
Blanca & Men riding double on her bike

Gon loving the new park

Vero, Cas & Blanca...they make me miss you Sam all the time, because they are soooo us. You=Vero, I=Blanca

Then Gon wanted a turn & I love this of Vero haha

Today at the birthday we played many games.

Fierce.

Things got a little intense as you can see

:)

The remaining ones at the end of the day. 

Nana, she loves her hat :)

Men

Love you guys! More later this week, promise!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment