Thursday, November 10, 2011

El Pedroso

Reasons I love my job.


1. Primera A... First Grade, Class A.  The other day we were going over parts of the body.  We showed the kids flashcards of eyes, ears, nose, mouth, etc.  When we pulled out the picture for face, one of the kids said, "Que fea!"  Which means how ugly!  Manu and I looked at each other and laughed...The girl was beautiful...especially by American standards...Perfect skin, beautiful eyes, straight hair... We said, "She is beautiful!"And the kids reply?  "No, Audrey is beautiful."  Seriously?  Need I say more?


B. The entire faculty. Right after this happened, Manu said, and who is the best looking teacher at the school? The kids: "MANU!!" About 3 seconds after, the door opens and Paco (special needs teacher, one of my favorite people ever!) pops his head in, "Excuse me?" Probably one of the funniest moments ever.  I now wonder if he just sits and listens to our class for the best moments to pop up.  Haha, but honestly I laugh ALL day!


C. Kindness. Soooo I am a big complimenter.  I like to tell people they look nice when they do or when I like their outfit,  I like to compliment.  It's just me.  Weellll, yesterday I complimented a colleague on her scarf.  The conversation went like this... Me: "Aww Isabel, I like that scarf a lot!" Isabel: As she is taking her scarf off, "Take it." Me: "Noooo, noo, nooooo, I was just saying I like it."  Isabel: "No seriously take it.  Now when you wear it you can always remember your experience teaching in Spain."  Me: Speechless (yes, beyond rare, I know).  Just standing there nodding my head...finally "Thank you." ... Later when I was telling everyone at recess about how sweet it was, Paco looked at me and said, "See, in Spain we give...In America, you sell." Hahahaha...sadly true though!


Yes, now is when you start to worry about me ever coming home!
Love yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment