Monday, November 28, 2011

Thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving yall!!!!

I had an INCREDIBLE weekend.  This being my first Thanksgiving away from home I was a little worried, but we actually did more celebrating than normal (mostly because the last 4 years, Thanksgiving has been overshadowed by football and with the time difference I had perfect time to do both!)

Thursday: Tom flew in Thursday super early as my number 1 Thanksgiving surprise.  It was awesome to catch up and spend the day just the two of us.  When he got here he was hungry and I said, "There is some Special K in the cabinet." Ha. Ha. Ha...I forgot how much the kid likes to eat.  We ended up going to the grocery store for eggs and bacon and came out with our Thanksgiving meal number one.
My personal chef...........I'm having withdrawls
Sweet Potatoes with spinach leaves and chicken with some sauce Tom whipped up

After we cleaned up, we went to Plaza de Espana to do some touristy things likeeee take a picture with every city he's been! Still don't have one of us in Madrid together, booo. After our day of walking around and me officially convincing him to move here early January (happy thanksgiving, merry christmas & happy new year to me!) we took a siesta then went out with some of my teacher friends.


Friday: I honestly cannot remember what we did Friday considering we did just about everything you can possibly do in the city Thursday, haha. Ummm... we cooked, or I should say I cooked a cheese cake and chocolate moose to take to the Thanksgiving dinner we had that evening... (such a lie, we know who did the cooking...but I did insist on taking all the credit and he let me hahaha).  Some of the teachers in Sevilla had a Thanksgiving dinner at my friend Caitlin's just right up the road and it was a lot of fun :) We tried super hard to make it to watch the LSU/Arkansas game butttt we didn't make it... I was bummed but I realize the opportunity to celebrate such a sweet holiday with friends was worth it.

YouTube: "How to carve a turkey"
The spread
The 2 Austrailians first glipse of the turkey 

"My" Desserts

Saturday: First & Foremost: IRON BOWL. I put on my jersey first thing in the morning as Tom & I RAN to catch the train to Cordoba...This Thanksgiving #3 was majority ruled by southerners sooo it was food I was definitely used to.  I made a salad as my contribution...haha going all out, I know, but at least it was a big one! I got to see some old faces and meet some new ones but all in all it was SUCH a fun day.  2 of the owners of the house are Auburn fans and there was one other University of Alabama student sooo we even got to watch the game with rivals.  It was a super fun day.  We went and toured the city while Alex, Audrey, Mary Duncan and Allie slaved away in the kitchen.
When we got back we played a lot of games and then finally stuffed our faces! My favorite part was when everyone in the room bowed our heads and held hands as Rob blessed the food.  All the different faiths & cultures coming together to thank God for our friendships, opportunities & food...I got chills for sure.  I didn't take any pictures of the food, butttt I am posting a link to Allie & MaryDuncan's blog where the video of the day is.


inside Cordoba's biggest tourist attraction: La Mezquita

stealing oranges off the "sacred" trees

trying to take a picture with the pretty background and NEVER succeeding
Some of my friends posted this video from our final Thanksgiving Celebration in Cordoba :)
http://bienaventuranza.tumblr.com/post/13409464537/happy-thanksgiving-weekend-with-all-of-our-amazing


I did take a picture of my plate that night!
Sunday: We woke up and had Thanksgiving #4 for breakfast...the leftovers.  The hands down best part! Sooooo good!  Then Tom & I hopped on the train and had a relaxing afternoon by the river and went to bed early so he could catch his flight and I could go to school, buttttt I've been home sick the past two days... Even though I have been down looking back on this weekend and thinking of all of you I know how thankful I am to have each of you in my life.  To have adventures, to have love, to have support, encouragement, my little brother visiting in two weeks, Alabama's victory, and hopefully a Heisman trophy & a ride to the National Title Game (trying not to jinx it) so I can see the tide play forreal and tailgate with all of my friends!!  In reality, I am sooo blessed and I have it all. I love you and I will see you super soon.


Breakfast yall


XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment