Monday, September 26, 2011

A Normal, Level-Headed Blog Entry.

I figured it was time for a change due to the fact that I sounded like a nut case in my last post. Sweet. I promise ya'll that normal, less emotional, non-whiney Audrey still exists.


I'm gonna break this up into what you have missed.

  • Friends. Yes, you read that correctly.  Maybe, I should say it again, just for kicks & giggles. FRIENDS. Not the tv show (which I love duh), but real life.  I, Audrey Wood, FINALLY have real spanish friends.  Well, that's partially correct.  I have american friends in Spain.  How about that? Slowly, but surely my life is coming together.  One of these new friends is a professional blogger...okay maybe that's an exaggeration, but she is a journalist (ShouTOuT to Lauren: Hey girl, Heeyyyyy, you like my normal font?).  She gave me a little GRIEF today about my font selection.  I like it to resemble that I'm actually writing it, hence the cursive font, but hey turns out I'm giving ya'll a headache. So hopefully throughout this year, I will actually learn how to blog and not "Diary" all my emotions on to the worldwideweb. I know you are thinking that Friend(s) sounds promising...I have 2. But don't worry, that is better than last week! 
  • Casa. So I was a little vague in my last blog and decided to leave gender out of my roommates, but heyyy if I'm being honest with ya'll...I live with a majority of boys.  I know, I know, this is not really kosher in the South...but in the South of Spain...it's one of the only ways to do it. I keep meaning to take pictures of my house to show ya'll and keep forgetting, but next post!  I casi-promise.  (Casi=almost...I also use it like kinda).  I definitely am developing a relationship with the other girl in the house, Marion. She is great and I took her out with my friends the other night.  It was a lot of fun! She feels the same way I do that it is weird to live with people and not be friends so our goal this week is to win over the boys! Haha. The first 2 nights we moved in we had family dinners.  I am going to try to implement that again tomorrow...by cooking.  Yes, you heard me right...that leads to point three.
  • Cooking. This year my goal is to learn to cook...I know...crazy, crazy.  Veronica helped me out and gave me a starter cooking class the last 2 weeks of Poland.  I am slightly prepared, but my friend Taylor & I attempted yesterday and it was okay.  We still have some work to do...
  • Internet & Homesickness. They really coincide and are one and the same.  I am spending a ridic amount of time on the internet trying to catch up with everyone because I am SOOO homesick right now.  If you think about it shoot me an email and remind me that I have a home full of loved ones that think about me and miss me.  Thanks :) And ... I was serious about the whole receiving mail thing :) haha
Miss yall tons and tons!

HOW BOUT THAT BAMA GAMEEEE???!!

Roll Tide!
Some of our friends.  The 2 girls to the right of me: Marion, my roommate & Katalina...Taylor's roommate.  They bonded as well so it was fun!
Lauren, the professional blogger, is in the black dress & Taylor beside her.


Marion, my roomie :)
At the TEX-MEX Texas Saloon watching the game!! 
SOOOO HAPPPYYYY!!
We Looked AWESOME & I got to enjoy the game with friends....that may or may not like football, but regardless...I wasn't alone watching updates on Espn.com

1 comment:

  1. Jajaja "professional blogger," you are too funny. Now I feel bad for giving you grief about your font! I'm just a font snob I guess, but hey, you've still got the cursive in a few spots so you haven't lost your signature style :)

    ReplyDelete