Monday, August 15, 2011

The ART of Saying Thank You.

I just realized I talk about Veronica a lot more than Marcelo on this blog.  I think it has to do with the fact that she´s the mom and I spend the most time with her.  Also, she is like a big sister, but that being said, I feel like Marcelo is my big brother as well (or uncle or grandfather if you want to get the age difference correct...haha kidding!)

Marcelo says thank you better than anyone I have ever met.  He thanks everyone for everything they do...He NEVER forgets.  He always says, ¨Thank you Audrey.¨ I could be doing anything from taking the kids to play, to putting a dish up in the kitchen, and I smile and say ¨Welcome¨...which is then returned by another, ¨Really, thank you Audrey.¨ The other ingredient to this perfect thank you is to look the person in the eye and say it with complete sincerity and attention.

It´s not just with me.  It is with anyone we encounter that does anything to help him.  I am learning plenty of life lessons from him just by watching the way he interacts with people.  No wonder he is successful.  Marcelo has the best people skills EVER, we´re talking history of the world.  In every aspect.  He can make everyone feel comfortable, everyone laugh, everyone feel appreciated.  He does these thing for me daily. If you are reading this, Thank you Marcelo, no really, Thank you. :) 

I am so grateful and blessed to have found this family.  I adore both of the parents, all 4 kids and all 4 grandparents as well.  Noone needs to worry about me when I am here, because I am surrounded by people that love and protect me!

No comments:

Post a Comment