Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Londrrrrrres.

Okay the title is directly from Mencia's mouth.  Girlfriend does a trill with every 'r' in every word, every position, every language, so right now we are in Londrrrrres! (trill=rolling your 'r', making the purring sound) 

Sunday we went to mass (and I was thoroughly confused but got the complete run-down on the Catholic religion from Blanca and filled her in on the Bible Belt & Batist/Methodist).  Then boarded a boat through the Thames River and got off at London's Eye.  
From the boat
London Eye

Big Ben behind us (no I didn't photo shop the bird in)


We saw all the traditional tourist spots.  (Yes I went to Buckingham Palace, but the Queen is currently in Scotland, so no I did not see her, nor Will & Kate...and actually I didn't see a single guard, because we went there last and the kids were crazy tired, but I saw a lot of other really cool things)  And I did take a tourist photo with Big Ben (No Peter Pan today, but we are still hoping to see him) && a red telephone booth.

We had lunch, soft serve ice cream (duh, it's the best here) & a siesta in St. James Park (beautiful).

At one point in the park, we saw so many birds and ducks flying overhead (some very scary) that it felt as if I was in the movie "Birds".  Honestly, they circled me at one point and I felt incarcerated. 
Men was oblivious to them, as she is with life in general.

Gon amazed & calling them (...then running because he was scared of them)

Marcelo too cool for school with that Mohawk (but so stinking cute)

My mohawk boys

Sisterly love (making me miss mine tremendously)

Buckingham Palace.

Mencia's view of the Palace....nap time!

Exhausted after the lonnnngggg day!

Yesterday Vero & Marcelo wanted me to experience a bit of the non-kid-friendly parts of London while the boys were at camp.  It was much easier with the girls and their strollers to go so far.  They took me to a nice lunch outside so I could see the grown-up side & didn't miss out on any sights...they are so good to me.  I saw their Times Square, the beautiful architecture, Hyde Park, the general area where Vero & Marcelo lived for the summer of 2002 overlooking Hyde Park (adorable), the main shopping & the coolest toy store ever....possibly better than FAO Swartz.  This day reminded me a lot of NYC.

Lunch, caring father...or picture that appears to contain a caring father........haha

Men loving life @ the toy store

Banana & oreo snack for Menchies

Later followed by ice cream...I think she still has oreo stains on her face here :)

Parenting isn't always glamourous no matter how esteemed the location...Hello Parliament.

This looonnnggg blog brings us to today.  Today was relaxing and wonderful :)  
Awkward action running shot

Got her! We had a lot of fun dancing to old songs on my iPod today #StandByMe #DancingQueen #BadtotheBone :)

You have no idea how long I have been trying to capture this expression she constantly makes!!!!

FINALLYYYY!

My scary 5 year-old boyfriend...

...is OBSESSED with Angry Birds & Fruit Ninja....best bribing tool EVER.

Uncle Grant & Men

Handsome

Blanca's birthday cake! Ruined thanks to me...I dropped the stroller which had the cake attached to run after my camera...that I left on a park bench...yes. this is my life.  (On an unrelated note, we have watched Mr. Bean's Holiday about 10X and you should watch it....it paints a beautiful picture of my life...)

Happy Birthday/Feliz Cumpleanos! We sang both versions.  Then while putting the boys to bed, we realized Casilda was being very, very quiet....

And this is how we found her. 


Buenas Noches...I am exhausted.
Love all around.



No comments:

Post a Comment