Thursday, August 25, 2011

Last week in majadahonda ---opps, almost forgot!


I know I know: 2 blogs in 5 minutes!!! But I forgot I wrote this one already also. Love y'all and promise galicia will come!!!


The difference between an AuPair and a drill sergeant.

This week has been insightful. I learned thAt there is actually a very fine line between being an AUPAlr and drill sergeant and this week I crossed it. There are 2 ingredients to this: parents out of town and an injury. 

Rewind: i havent been updating so you may not know this but when we got back from Galicia, Verónica and marcelo left for warsaw to set up the house and get a jump start on moving everything in. Sooo I stayed in majadahonda with the kids, chelo & Vicente. They moved in to the house with the kids and Duna and I left every evening after they were asleep and returned every morning. (Duna is the dog)

Okkkk, Back to the story. Well this week the difference was that I was CONSTANTLY giving orders or saying no you can't do that or eat this even though you hate it, yada yada. In addition to giving orders constantly, it was extremely hot this week so we spent the whole week in the pool WHICHHH I could not enter because of my healing leg (which is infected...). Therefore, I couldn't even be that much fun!!!! I couldn't play in the pool w them so I was just giving orders. Cas wanted "Aboo" all the time (chelo- abuela is grandmother so the kids call her Aboo), men and I had pretty much the same relationship as always, one second besties the next enemies sooo that wasn't really affected, Marcelo was great, he really stepped up since his parents weren't there. And that leaves us with Gonzalo. I would say he didn't like me this week but that's putting it nicely...he despised me. Which KILLED me and worst of all I understand. I was all of a sudden all work and no play!! In addition to his grandparents being there so he autonatically decreased his age by 2 years and would only eat for Aboo and only wanted to listen to her. Awesomeeeeeee. I think I got one kiss this week from him and it was forced... I literally told him I wouldn't give him a toy he wanted until he gave me my kiss haha. Normally I get at least 15 a day...

Other than gon breaking my heart all week, it was really fun. I spoke a ton of spanish which i really needed to do :)


No comments:

Post a Comment