Saturday, August 20, 2011

Life.

Okay, so I know I haven´t been updating the blog.  This week has been crazy annnddd I planned on doing it but my blog wasn´t working. Legit...it wouldn´t let me post.  Andddd I don´t have pictures so I´m not even going to write about Galicia yet, but I promise I will!

Today we said good-bye to everyone in the neighborhood, but it was about to storm and barely anyone was there so our good-bye was a lot less dramatic and a lot faster haha.  They have such good friends in the neighborhood and they are all so nice to me.  I love seeing everyone.  I have become pretty good friends with one of the girls that lives in the neighborhood and babysits the kids sometimes.  Everyone loves Maria.  She really is awesome and her boyfriend Danny is just as cool.  They play with the kids as much as I do and are great with them.  So this week has been really beneficial for my Spanish...not that I have necessarily learned anything new, but I have been practicing a lot more.  And just having a conversation with someone my age is great because I have definitely been in family zone for a while.  Don´t get me wrong, I do love every second of it and I am going to miss them in incredible amounts when I head to Sevilla, but at 22 it is nice to be around people my age.

Speaking of my age... (or perhaps waaaayyy younger since I´m too old for Tuscaloosa these days), today is Bid Day.  One of John´s good friends rushed and so I have been actually paying attention looking our for her.  I wrote her a letter yesterday to be given to her at the house on Serious Night (the last night aka Preference Night) explaining the reasons I loved Pi Phi and how much it means to me and how much I grew from the experience and the incredible people I met along the way...And now it is Bid Day.  Wow, can I please stop growing up? I know you all agree, especially since my readers here are family and all picture me with pig-tails or a slicked back bun...haha.  Those were good times. Ohh and shout out to the bangs.  You all know you loved those things and were proud to show your friends pictures of me with the big poofy curly ball on my forehead.  I know. Don´t lie :)  And let´s not even talk about the fact that my baby brother starts University in 4 days. WOWWW!! He´s living on his own, loving life.  About to have a love-hate relationship with all things DKE (Delta Kappa Epsilon, the fraternity he is rushing).  Such an exciting time for him and his AGD gameday date (Alpha Gamma Delta)...That is what Savannah ending up going.  She is going to have a blast and even though I would have loved to see her in the Wine & Blue, I´m just happy she loved us during rush, EVEN without me there. haha.  Shoutout to John & Sav, mail me the zap of your first date  party together. Love yallllll!

As for me... Tomorrow we leave for Poland. CrAZy, CrazYY.  If you would have told me freshman year that all of my collegiate summers would be in Spain and all the places I would travel, I would have thought cool, but doubtful.  Thank you for all of the people that encourage me to travel.  (..and fund those travels...THANK YOUUUU!) Even if you had told me last summer that part of my heart would be in Poland and I would be there with it for a couple of weeks...I would have laughed at that.  Where is Poland? Is that even in Europe? What do they speak there? Yes, I learned (via Google Map, because I honestly had NO idea...) it is in Europe and Polish is not a myth..It´s real life.  It´s about to be MY life.  I downloaded an app (wow, I can´t believe I say things like Ï have an app for that¨---embarrassing.............. but truthful) that teaches you basic Polish phrases and colors, fruits, etc.  Ohh and it has a bonus guide of how to flirt in Polish...I´m sure I´ll be using that, for example I learned that:
¨Nigdy przedtem nie calowalam nikogo z twojego kraju¨...means ¨I´ve never kissed anyone from your country before¨and I learned that ¨Jestem trenerem delfinow¨means I´m a dolphin trainer and ¨Masz zmyslowy glos¨means ¨You have a sensual voice¨

Perfectly useful...I mean if I was creating an app with only 25 beginner phrases...those are hands down 3 of the most commonly used phrases in spoken language so it is CLEARLY obvious why the creater of this app chose these instead of others....RIGHTTTT.

Haha, well our joke is that Casilda will fit in because she already speaks Polish...aka gibberish.  Sooooo that´s all folks.

Love you, write again soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment